What’s the opportunity? :thinking_face:
We believe in the power of producing high quality editorial content to grow our business. We plan to build a culture around sharing thoughts behind what we’re building, what we’re thinking, and what industry influencers consider best practices in developer experience and product analytics. We want our publications to be centered around what our readers find interesting and valuable, inspired by Intercom and Slack. Come and join us as an Editor and help us take our publications to the next level.
What will I be doing? :rocket:
- Contribute as a writer, interviewer, and reviewer of our blog, Twitter, conference talks, podcasts, videos, tutorials, best practices, documentations, etc.
- Help your team effectively share their knowledge and insights on product analytics and developer experience.
- Become an expert on product analytics and developer experience by knowing the latest, who the influencers are, finding credible conferences, etc.
- Support editorial production, from drafting articles to interviewing experts, proofreading copy to writing headlines.
- Write funny tweets. :poop:
- Help us create Avo’s tone of voice.
- Always be improving.
- Be better than we are at English. :troll:
- Care deeply and be creative in growing our audience.
What skills do I need? :book:
- Professional experience in a writing/editing role.
- Excellent editing and writing skills.
- Experience, or at least a demonstrable interest, in how software and data are changing the world.
- Skills in social media, Google Docs, Wordpress-like-tools, and image editing software.
- Proficient in emojis, gifs, cute stuff, and English.
- A qualification in journalism/communications/multimedia would be advantageous but not essential.
What do I get? :heart_eyes:
- Join a high performance, international startup with amazing people.
- Learn a lot. Grow with us.
- Family friendly and remote friendly work culture.
- Teammates that care about continuous improvement of themselves and each other.
- Nice office in downtown Reykjavik, with remote as a real option.
- A Slack channel dedicated to #cutestuff.
How to I apply? :writing_hand:
- Help us understand why you’re interested in joining Avo, why we’re a good fit for each other, and why you’d help us create an outstanding online presence.
- Share your CV that includes a list of previous jobs, interests and available references.
- Make sure to include your relevant online profiles (Twitter, Fb, GitHub, or whatever you find relevant for us).
Note: We're open to a contractor or a full timer.